How do I Keep layout prgress

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Currently, i am making a game, in this game you roam around killing enemies. There is a pause button that has an option to switch a layout from the game layout , to the upgrade Layout. Which so far works fine, but when you go from the upgrade layout to the game layout, the game layout will start at the very beginning. This causes a huge problem for my game, because if someone is about to die all they have to do is switch to the upgrade menu really quick, and come back to the game layout and they are free from danger. If anyone knows how to fix this issue, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could call the menu within the same layout. With functions, it's easy to implement in every level - or use global layout.

Or save the position of every enemy/direction and the player and maybe a persist layout.

It depends of your kind of game.

• You could call the menu within the same layout. With functions, it's easy to implement in every level - or use global layout.

Or save the position of every enemy/direction and the player and maybe a persist layout.

It depends of your kind of game.

Please, explain this further if you can/point to any tutorials you know of. I haven't used or even seen the use of global layouts OR the persist function/behavior. I'm working on a game that has users call up another layer to perform actions. I'm guessing there might be easier ways to accomplish this. Thanks.

• If you add the "persist" behavior to each of your objects that changes as the game continues (i.e. the player character and the monsters, but not the background), you should resume exactly where you left off. When you really want to reset things, use the system action "reset persisted objects."

• I will give that idea a shot thanks for the suggestion

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)