Jack Box Style Controls

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • I'm interested in porting my game "Scribble" from the Wii U over to other platforms, however I'm not entirely sure how to go about it.

The game is a lot like Pictionary in that one player draws an image on the tablet, and the drawing appears on the TV. This is very easy to do on the Wii U, as you simply position the camera in different places depending on the view requirements... however, as the PC (for example) doesn't have a dedicated touch screen controller, I'm not sure how to go about it.

My thoughts are that I could adopt a similar approach as used by the Jackbox series, in which players are able to use their mobile devices to control the game.

Has anyone done something similar before? I'm not sure where to start. The Jackbox games have players connect to a website with their mobile devices, and can then write or even draw on the screen and it'll appear on the main display. Would I be able to utilize the multiplayer functionality of Construct to achieve this?

I also have Construct 3, but don't use it. Is there anything within that program which may make things easier? Scribble was made using Construct 2, so it should be easy enough to update.

Thanks in advance.

• you can open your construct 2 project in construct 3 just fine

you can totes do this with the multiplayer plugin no problem

Good luck !!

• I don't think the multiplayer plug would work for that as the Wii u game would have to act as an authoritative server, and would be very limited unless you can implement a portal system.

Edit:

Also, I'd be willing to bet they don't even allow the multiplayer protocol, but as usual we're now into Fight Club rules.

• Porting their game outside of the wiiu obviously means they don'T have to work with the wiiu'S restrictions and they can do whatever they want, hosting the game on a host device (chromecast+host mobile device or a computer or whatever) and connecting via the multiplayer plugin with phones to do like jackbox is very very much possible !

You can do it !! Good luck ! Learn tons !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)