Alright, where do I begin.
Here's the current version of my generator.
- You'll notice the cursor changes to the hand icon whenever it's over interactive elements like buttons. This is made possible by the Interactive family that has a "IsClickable" variable and a single function tied to them.
- On the last menu (the one with the cherry) you can drag and drop decoration items over the cupcake. When the mouse hovers them the cursor changes to indicate they can be moved.
- When the Decor menu is active, the sprites turn visible and drag n drop is enabled. This is made possible with a global variable.
When you change the submenu, any sprites left on the white area of the menu turn back invisible and disabled while the ones outside it remain visible and enabled.
- The decoration sprites share both the Interactive and the SM_Decor families. Ideally each sprite that is visible and enabled should have the cursor change whenever the mouse hovers over them. The Interactive Family has a boolean variable "IsDragItem" that's set as true for DragnDrop sprites.
However, this is happening:
- Select the Decor Menu
- Drag a sprite outside the white menu area, notice how the cursor has changed.
- Select another menu
- Hover mouse over the sprite left out of the menu area. Cursor doesn't change. You can dragndrop the sprite.
- Go back to the Decor Menu. Hover over sprite left outside. Cursor changes.
This is how I currently have this set up.
In theory this should be working. But instead I have the event triggering on all sprites instead of specific ones that follow the requirements. It's puzzling. And if you drag all the sprites out of the menu area and change the menu, the cursor does change!
Could someone please help me? Is there something I'm missing?
Thank you for your time!