Issue with PlayerBox falling - HELP

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey guys, so I have this issue check out the video below... One thing I forgot to mention in the video is all collision boxes are set just fine on the terrain.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/coQhhefGVY

• on falling you have set the vector position to -700Y, not really sure what that's for.

Also, i dont think you need the Player box object. You can set the collisions of the raptor to bounding box and give the raptor sprite platform bahaviour.

• on falling you have set the vector position to -700Y, not really sure what that's for.

Also, i dont think you need the Player box object. You can set the collisions of the raptor to bounding box and give the raptor sprite platform bahaviour.

Thanks for the reply. I used the platform game tutorial which said to use a playerbox, is there no need?

The falling set to -700Y is only set to happen on collision with the enemy, so the player bounces back on it. That has nothing to do with the terrain.

• It is always better to have a dummy sprite with the behavior that has the animations pinned to it, as collisions with an animated object can cause some problems. That's why it is recommended in the tutorials.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump, any ideas guys?

• Virtually impossible to fault-find from a video. Best bet is to post a ,capx. If you can't post your current one, then try to recreate with dummy gfx.

• Make the boxes visible so you can see what's happening with them. It looks like maybe the blue PlayerBox has the platform and scrollTo behaviors on it so it could be moving along in front of the raptor and then falling down.

• Make the boxes visible so you can see what's happening with them. It looks like maybe the blue PlayerBox has the platform and scrollTo behaviors on it so it could be moving along in front of the raptor and then falling down.

With the red Playerbox (raptor) visible I can't get it to happen. But when I make it invisible it happens.

• I figured out the issue. I was testing 2 characters with 2 playerboxes (red and blue). I was disabling the events for one character at a time, however I didn't realize even though the events were disabled for the other character, it's playerbox would still move with the keyboard controls. Thanks Ramones for the tip about both playerboxes having scrollto enabled, that put me in the right direction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)