here is my observation: after this problem happens in my app installed on iphone, the same game plays just fine in remote preview on the same device. Aren't they supposed to run on the same version?
anyway here is repro:
1. download http://1drv.ms/1Zs4pYu, open in c2 and export via cordova
2. create intel xdk project
start a new project / import your html5 code base / point to export folder / leave all as default: (source=(empty), use cordova plugin = no (setting it to yes makes no difference), game project = no).
change ios app name and provide provision file and build
3. install on iphone (i use iphone 6 with ios 9.2)
4. start it and touch the button, you will start hearing sound
5. after a few seconds, kill the app (not suspend but kill it)
6. re-start the app
7. touch the button again and now hear distorted sound
8. restart iphone and start the app to hear correct sound again
* adding https://github.com/SidneyS/cordova-plugin-nativeaudio as suggested on some other forum didn't help.
I tested the repro step 3 times.
I am curious if my xdk setting is wrong like am i supposed to say 'use ordova