iOS and dynamic graphics

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • I'm currently making an iOS game through CocoonJS. It's going very well; I am 70% through development, and am consistently getting a framerate of 30FPS on an iPhone4. However, a little issue has been bugging me.

I notice that the application front-loads all of its graphics (at least, it appears to). This causes a memory warning, and results in the application being automatically closed if I attempt to load another app. Although not game-breaking, this is undesirable.

I figure the possible solutions would be to either load and deallocate the assets dynamically / manually, or find a way of allocating a large chunk of memory that the OS can leave alone.

Does anybody know if either of these solutions are feasible or even possible through Construct2 and CocoonJS?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We added support for layout-by-layout memory loading in r107, but CocoonJS doesn't support it yet. Ask them when they plan to add it!

• Oh, awesome. You guys are adding features as fast as I need them! I'll make a post on the CocoonJS forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)