How do I Invert SOL (Selected Object List)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • How do I do this? Already thought of running an inverted pick condition, but that approach doubles the overhead. Is there any way to just invert the pick list?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Let's say picked object is overlapped by a detector. So the remain objects that were not picked will be not overlapped by any of these detector;

system: object is overlapping detector (inverted) | do an action

That is my first solution.

Other method that also work is by inverted the instance variable (boolean);

system: is picked (inverted) | do an action

• Did you try else?

• alextro:

The object in question (laser beam) as a collision polygon, but the object it is being tested against (a circular shield) doesn't. However, since there is only 1 shield, I could add a polygon. Actually, yours is a pretty good idea. Thanks

newt:

My first thought, but I found that else doesn't work that way: it won't invert a pick list.

Actually, there is a thread around from a couple of years ago where Ashley was discussing whether or not to have else invert SOL's in the context of a pick condition. However, he decided against it.

• If I remember correctly, "Else" resets the SOL altogether.

• Not sure what you want to do.

In my experience on of the better methods to break out of picking is to use a function.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)