How do I integrate admob ads in Android Studio best solution

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Ok, it's been three weeks now since looking for a solution on monetizing my app created from C2. Because of being outdated, all the tutorials, plugin and services right now to export and monetize your android app are useless. I don't want to get into details but you know what I mean.

Just to share what I think could be the ultimate solution to exporting your game and monetizing it, is by using Android Studio. Why, you may ask, it may be bulky to download and install, But the benefit is, you'll have your very own apk builder on your computer, never again rely on free crappy sevices online like cocoon, phonegap builder and intel xdk.

How I came up with this idea? Because of looking for a solution I turned to youtube and accidentally stumbled upon some tutorials on how to implement admob ads in Android Studio. So I googled if there's a way to get C2 exported game to Android Studio. Luckily, I found this site, and yeah I followed the instruction and it work. I'm now able to build apks effortlessly.

http://www.mobilezdeveloper.com/running-construct-2-games-on-android-devices-with-cordova-and-android-studio/

Now, the only left thing to solve is what code to edit on the Android Studio files to integrate admob in your project app to show ads. Hopefully someone here in the blog is able to know how to make this work and share a tutorial. I'm pretty sure so many C2 users will benefit from this information.

• For what i remember, using admob plugin was not very hard, you struggle a bit but get it working... however, i understand your frustration with the "free crap", they make a huge advertise about their services but nothing work without some struggling(sometimes a lot), and the ones who knows how to do the things just hide away and won't share the knewledge, today for example i spent more than 6 hours just trying to make the google play game services work in my apk and it still won't work(at least i learned a lot about google services).

But to your question: The code to edit... well, hard to explain, but i can say that the best solution is to write a cordova plugin for it, android API for admob must be hard for your if you aren't a developer. Since you are using construct2 and want to make an APK, the best solution is to use cordova, and to use admob in your apk you could develop a plugin(as i said it may be hard) or you can find one, maybe the one from cranberrygame? or you can use the construct2 plugin that just use the cranberrygame cordova plugin.

The thing is, construct2 games are web applications, they need a native app(on android, ios, windows, etc.) to run on, cordova already give it to you, you just need to develop a plugin to it, in this case the plugin already exist, just learn how to use it. I'm just talking about cordova because intel xdk and cocoon all relies upon cordova to build the final apk.

• Ok, it's been three weeks now since looking for a solution on monetizing my app created from C2. Because of being outdated, all the tutorials, plugin and services right now to export and monetize your android app are useless. I don't want to get into details but you know what I mean.

Just to share what I think could be the ultimate solution to exporting your game and monetizing it, is by using Android Studio. Why, you may ask, it may be bulky to download and install, But the benefit is, you'll have your very own apk builder on your computer, never again rely on free crappy sevices online like cocoon, phonegap builder and intel xdk.

[...]

Now, the only left thing to solve is what code to edit on the Android Studio files to integrate admob in your project app to show ads. Hopefully someone here in the blog is able to know how to make this work and share a tutorial. I'm pretty sure so many C2 users will benefit from this information.

I am in a very similar situation. Official AdMob Plugin gives very very low revenue (with RPMs under 30ct...) and I have read many users claiming that the RPM in a C2 app is between 20-40% of the RPMs in Android Studio apps with the AdMob SDK integrated manually. Also, the AdMob Plugin is very slow loading ads (almost 5 seconds to load an interstitial with perfect internet connection!). I don't know if it is scirra's plugin or the Cordova plugin the one that is performing that poorly.

Thus, I want to integrate the AdMob SDK myself in Android Studio, but I am not a programmer and do not know how to do it.

Hopefully someone here in the blog is able to know how to make this work and share a tutorial. I'm pretty sure so many C2 users will benefit from this information.

+1

• I struggled with this sooooo long, could NOT find a way to show ads !!!! I am building an app with construct 3. When I generated the signed apk with Android studio i ddnt show ads. But finally I found something that works without android studio. If someone is interested let me know

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, I would like to have this solution because it has been several weeks since I look! Contact I by e-mail: tom.lahaye41csd@gmail.com or then on discord: Tømus#1000

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)