How do I do ingame chagnes to global layers that stick

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hey guys, a quick question if this thing i'm trying to do is even possible. I have a layer which is something like an inventory. It is global. When I drag n drop sprite objects inside, I move them to said layer. Then after changing layouts, they are not there - but the rest of the layer is...as it is unused in the editor. Any clue how I can overcome this?

Thanks

Cheers

• It's hard to tell without looking at your file. I load my global layers on a separate layout first, with all the files that you need for them already on that layer. Then I just switch visibility/functionality off as needed in the game. It might not be suitable for your purposes though I'm not sure. I would say the individual objects are disappearing when changing layouts because they themselves are not global.

• They are global, but are put into the global layer during the course of the game, imagine picking up a Sword that is not in a global layer, placing it in my inventory layer - which is a global layer - then moving the Sword from the non global layer into the inventory global layer. But the the sword is not in the same layer when I change rooms...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Actually it works, I was doing something wrong, but now I see it's fine. The sword is there! THanks.

Cheers!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)