How do I get information for the current colliding wall?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Hi all,

I was just wondering if there was a way to get the information of the 'thing' or 'wall' in this example that you're currently colliding with. I've set up a platformer that's got some wall grabbing on it, but since I don't want this to be apparent on every wall, I figured I'd just use an instance variable or something.

After a bit of tinkering I had no luck. If this isn't possible, I'm thinking of just doing some sort of checking sprite that'll overlap the wall and I'll get hold of things that way.

Anyone ever had a similar scenario?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are a few ways. When you do player on collision with wall, that particular wall then becomes the picked object. You could then use a sub event to compare if the wall instance variable 'grab' is true or false and go from there.

• Hi Plinkie, thanks for the advice! Worked a treat in the end. I'll try to remember to post up the event sheet in case anyone else might need it in future.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)