info on new dropbox

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • dropbox has removed the public folders for new users (im not a new user but it has switch it for me(great!))

heres some info dropbox.com/help/16/en

so now it says you can use the links instead. this mean that all files are now public if you get the link, but when i try to link the htmlindex i just see code and not the game. need help!

what am i doing wrong?

• This really sucks. You have to get a public link for every single file involved in the game.

We'll be removing our advice to use Dropbox and finding another service to replace it. Has anyone tried Google Drive?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On their forum, one of the admin discussed the possibility to not have the "Public" folder present by default, but to let advanced users to create it if they need it. We need to wait to have the confirmation...

Edit : by the way, here's the link with the info : http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=62403&replies=10#post-445432

• ive just tried google drive and im having the same problem i can make the html index public and can get a link on my blog but the index is not displaying the game just the a page of code, nothing else.

do i need to make all the files in the folder public or just the html index? is this a problem with construct? ive just installed ver99 and have only had problems since then, should i try the more stable version.

if anyone has any advice id be in your debt, im gunna do a tutorial on this when its figured out cause this has caused me big problems

Edit this is the code im getting

<html manifest="offline.appcache">

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

<!-- This ensures the canvas works on IE9+. Don't remove it! -->

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1" />

<title>New project</title>

<!-- Note: running this exported project from disk may not work exactly like preview, since browsers block some features on the file:// protocol. Once you've uploaded it to a server, it should work OK. -->

<!-- This outlines the canvas with a black border and makes the page background black. -->

<style type="text/css">

body { background-color: black; color: white; }

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<div style="text-align: center;">

<script>

// Issue a warning if trying to preview an exported project on disk.

(function(){

// Check for running exported on file protocol

if (window.location.protocol.substr(0, 4) === "file")

{

alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them.");

}

})();

</script>

<!-- The canvas must be inside a div called c2canvasdiv -->

<div id="c2canvasdiv" style="margin: 0 auto; width: 1200px; height: 900px;">

<!-- The canvas the project will render to. If you change its ID, don't forget to change the

ID the runtime looks for in the jQuery ready event (above). -->

<canvas id="c2canvas" width="1200" height="900">

<!-- This text is displayed if the visitor's browser does not support HTML5.

You can change it, but it is a good idea to link to a description of a browser

and provide some links to download some popular HTML5-compatible browsers. -->

Your browser does not appear to support HTML5. Try upgrading your browser to the latest version. <a href="http://www.whatbrowser.org">What is a browser?</a>

<br/><br/><a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx">Microsoft Internet Explorer</a><br/>

<a href="http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/">Mozilla Firefox</a><br/>

<a href="http://www.google.com/chrome/">Google Chrome</a><br/>

<a href="http://www.apple.com/safari/download/">Apple Safari</a><br/>

<a href="http://www.google.com/chromeframe">Google Chrome Frame for Internet Explorer</a><br/>

</canvas>

</div>

<br />

<!-- SCIRRA LTD LICENSE AGREEMENT

FREE EDITION USERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REMOVE, MODIFY OR HIDE THE FOLLOWING

LINES OF HTML5 CODE FROM THEIR EXPORTED GAMES. REMOVAL, MODIFICATION OR

ATTEMPTS TO HIDE THIS MESSAGE WILL BE IN BREACH OF THE FREE EDITION LICENSE

-->

<!-- End of Scirra Ltd. free edition limitation -->

<a href="http://www.scirra.com" target="_blank" style="font-family:Arial;color:DodgerBlue;" title="Make games">Create your own HTML5 games with Construct 2</a>

</div>

<!-- Pages load faster with scripts at the bottom -->

<!-- Construct 2 exported games require jQuery. To save bandwidth, by default

this is set to grab it off the Google content delivery network (CDN). Fall back to local if not available. -->

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script>window.jQuery || document.write("<script src='jquery-1.7.1.min.js'>\x3C/script>")</script>

<!-- The runtime script. You can rename it, but don't forget to rename the reference here as well.

This file will have been minified and obfuscated if you enabled "Minify script" during export. -->

<script src="c2runtime.js"></script>

<script>

jQuery(window).resize(function() {

if (window.c2resizestretchmode === 1)

{

window.c2resizestretchmode = 2;        // put back when breaking back out of fullscreen

var canvas = document.getElementById("c2canvas");

window.c2oldcanvaswidth = canvas.width;

window.c2oldcanvasheight = canvas.height;

window.c2eventtime = Date.now();

var w = jQuery(window).width();

var h = jQuery(window).height();

cr_sizeCanvas(w, h);

}

else if (window.c2resizestretchmode === 2)

{

// Size event fires twice on FF + Chrome, ignore second trigger

if (Date.now() > window.c2eventtime + 50)

{

window.c2resizestretchmode = 0;

cr_sizeCanvas(window.c2oldcanvaswidth, window.c2oldcanvasheight);

}

}

});

// Start the Construct 2 project running on window load.

jQuery(document).ready(function ()

{

// Create new runtime using the c2canvas

cr_createRuntime("c2canvas");

});

// Pause and resume on page becoming visible/invisible

function onVisibilityChanged() {

if (document.hidden || document.mozHidden || document.webkitHidden || document.msHidden)

cr_setSuspended(true);

else

cr_setSuspended(false);

};

document.addEventListener("visibilitychange", onVisibilityChanged, false);

document.addEventListener("mozvisibilitychange", onVisibilityChanged, false);

document.addEventListener("webkitvisibilitychange", onVisibilityChanged, false);

document.addEventListener("msvisibilitychange", onVisibilityChanged, false);

</script>

</body>

</html>

• I have a paid google drive account. I will try it ASAP and get back to you.

• thankyou much appreciated

• I got everything uploaded and shared, but when you try to open the index, it opens in file viewer instead of your browser. Same as Darkstelldanger. Shared entire folder, then just sent the index.html. regardless, google drive just open the page in code. Sent it to several accounts. So far it will not open as an app in a Browser

• Not giving up, unfortunately at work right now, will try when I get home. Hopefully someone will get it figured, after all, Everyone here is passionate about Construct 2!!!

• Note to darksteeldanger: Between

<html manifest="offline.appcache">

AND

<head>

you need to insert

<script>function log(str) {}</script>

• People can download the shared file from Google Drive to there desktop and run the index.html with open with... Choose browser pref.(windows) a javascript warning pops up saying " Exported games won't work until you upload them" click OK and the game functions. Works on Safari, IE8 and FireFox, could not get it working on Chrome.

• mltreadway, that piece of code you mentioned hasn't been necessary for ages now. It was only necessary for a period of about a week while there was a bug in a beta release that was fixed a few days later!

• Thanks Ashley. missed that one.

• ok this is a problem then, im guna keep on trying different options today, if i have a break through i'll post it. if anyone has anything to add that could help that would be great.

• New users of Dropbox accounts can still create a public folder which will serve games the old way...but its hidden...check out this link on how to do it. Hope this helps.

techdows.com/2012/10/create-public-folder-dropbox-new-account.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)