How do I Increase Perfomance on this Piece of ****

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • First off, I have a huge headache and I about ready to scrap this whole game making thing.

Secondly, my game is laggy. Very laggy. For some odd reason I can't figure out why. I have gone through Debug mode several times on different levels and destroyed every object I could. I have tested the game on multiple browsers on multiple android devices. GAHHHH I have had enough!

Thirdly, here is my piece of crap game. I have stripped all the audio and most of the levels for download size. Someone please look it over and tell me what I am doing wrong. Or is it just scrap software now?

Thank you, I am going to bed, goodnight!

• [attachment=0:3c9z6bxw][/attachment:3c9z6bxw]

Not sure what those are good for, but if you must have them then at least add a trigger once while true.

You might add them all to a family for sanity's sake.

Otherwise I got 60 fps.

• newt what did you get 60fps on. He is having mobile performance troubles. Knowing what mobile you and the OP are using to test on would help.

Thought his chunk of code you highlighted can certainly cause a hit. With the new collision cells they seem redundant. Then doing this every tick isn't helping either. Though I'm not sure the level of negative effect either.

I'll take a look later today on my iPodTouch4g and see.

• Something i noticed was the every 0,5 secs of setting text for the different coin scores

Isnt it better to only set the text when the score changes instead of do it every 5 sec?

• So, i don't understand about what lugs are you talk. I tested your game on my PC with chrome and it work well.

Than I compile .apk file with cocoonjs: drive.google.com/file/d/0B9kuXoWVwWfpN3hlNG5hRVRoWTA/edit?usp=sharing , and it was work too smooth on my nexus 7.

You can test it on your smartphone too.

• I tested on a pc.

Took too long to lan prieview for ipad.

Too slow a connection/ too many objects to load.

I might suggest the use of frames, and animations in instances over having so many different objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [attachment=0:3s881qux][/attachment:3s881qux]

Not sure what those are good for, but if you must have them then at least add a trigger once while true.

You might add them all to a family for sanity's sake.

Otherwise I got 60 fps.

The reason I did that was because there were way too many collision checks, off-screen. This actually improves performance by a fair amount.

Is LAN preview not the same performance as a compiled APK?

• Lan preview would be about the same as what the device browser gets.

Safari usually does quite well on all systems even though there's no webgl.

As to the collision checks, that's fine and all, but not setting collisions enabled/disabled every tick might get a little better performance wise.

A simple "family is on screen" with all the collision checks as subevents would simplify things.

• Oh my god!!! dont give up!!! your characters look SOOOOO cute!!!

please, optimize your code.... reduce your loops and check ashley's tutorials about performance...

dont give up

im sorry i cant give you any tips becaue im an ignorant when mobile is about...im pc...but i dont see anything wrong about your code...except those loops...

your art its super cute

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)