How do I increase the FPS on my mobile phone?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • Hi guys. I have created a simple 2d game for mobile phones. The game is VERY SIMPLE, few animations and sprites on screen but the game runs so slow! I tested it on Cocoonjs on my iPhone 4. Any solution for this? Or just is my phone? Thank you and sorry for my bad english!

• Try reducing the size of the images,

See if your mobile is blacklisted,

and finally see the programming, you can put a small piece of code to see if this is the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Another thing you might want to try is destroying unneeded objects like the ones that aren't visible. If the game is a side scroller like flappy bird, you could put a line of code in that destroys anything that is passed the 0 pixels mark. Also, like Iceangel said, check the size of your images. Depending on how little they are, you might even want to make them a bit bigger (i.e makes more sense to have 1 solid ground sprite than many instances of a ground sprite on screen making the processing heavier)

Worst case scenario, you have a crappy phone!

Hope it helps!

• Also I would recommend checking your game through the debugger to see if any unexpected things are happening and what part of your game is taking up the largest amount of memory/processing time..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)