incorrect window size in nw.js

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer.

when I run my app in a window, the window size should be 480,640 , but it is coming out at 720,960.

I need the window to be exactly 480x640.

I read there are window size issues in nw.js at present, is there a workaround for this? or is there an older version of nw.js that doesn't do this?

Any example files showing a potential workaround have gone due to dropbox..

Thanks in advance.

• Hello. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to answer.

when I run my app in a window, the window size should be 480,640 , but it is coming out at 720,960.

I need the window to be exactly 480x640.

I read there are window size issues in nw.js at present, is there a workaround for this? or is there an older version of nw.js that doesn't do this?

Any example files showing a potential workaround have gone due to dropbox..

Thanks in advance.

hi, but you need to play in a window or at fullscreen?

if you wanna keep your resolution exactly you can choose OFF on fullscreen in browser project setting, then export nw.js, select window frame, disable resizable window and kiosk mode

• Thanks, I will take a look.

• I can only preview my 480x640 window at the correct size with letterbox integer scale and use high DPI display set to ON.

Same goes for exporting the file. anything else comes out scaled up..

• I can only preview my 480x640 window at the correct size with letterbox integer scale and use high DPI display set to ON.

Same goes for exporting the file. anything else comes out scaled up..

are you sure that you are NOT using "fullscreen" actions from browser plugin, somewhere in you eventsheet?

• No, i am not - I turned request fullscreen on just to check what it did, and it scaled it up to the entire screen.

• Ah, I posted this in the c3 discussion, not C2 - sorry for my stupidity.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, i am not - I turned request fullscreen on just to check what it did, and it scaled it up to the entire screen.

you have to delete request fullscreen event because even if you put "fullscreen in browser" off in project settings, request fullscreen in eventsheet enable it

• * moved from C3 section

• I am not using fullscreen in browser.

• I am not using fullscreen in browser.

can u share the .capx?

• you can make one yourself by just making a 480x640 window, setting the browser to nwJS and not using fullscreen.

but heres an example with no event - the 480x640 area appears in a larger padded out window for no reason.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... dFJmIz8B6k

• sorry but i can reproduce this "issue", on my computer everithing work fine, true resolution on a window doesnt'scale.

are you using an updated nw.js version?

• So you are saying the window Size is 480x640, including the app window? Can you send a screenshot of your desktop? Also what version of nw.js are you using?

Thanks!

• I'm having this problem. I'm using the latest nwjs v0.35.1

When I run the game, the window size is smaller than it should be, which causes everything to be squished and pixels not to be perfect.

Is this a nwjs bug?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)