Use images from another layout?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Currently I have a testroom for my game where I've added a pause functionality. An image saying "Paused" pops up in the middle of the screen. This works great in the testroom.

However the image won't show up in other layouts. Is there a way to make it carry over to other layours or will I have to add the image to every single layout?

I've included the event sheet in the new layout as well so the pause works but I just don't get the image.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I have it figured out. The player will need to have been in the layout where the images are in order for it to work.

I suppose I could have a layout with a black image overlapping all the images I use as a sort of loader and use that as the default layout?

Seems rather hack'ish. Is this the way we are supposed to do it?

• Still can't get it to quite work. I've made it a layout containing all the images I need as the default layout and as soon as that layout has finished loading I load into the layout I want to use.

The images don't show up anyways. Got the images set to global as well.

Okay... All of a sudden it works. I dont know what I did or how I did it but I'm not touching it again, lol. XD

I suspect it had something to do with the layers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)