I'm making a basic stacking game. Some questions?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • I made a basic stacking game that will go on a larger site.

One of the levels involves the stack moving back and forth. I tried using SINE but if the items on top are not stacked neatly, they will be pushed off screen since only the bottom brick will move and it carries the other bricks. Is there a way to change the direction if one of the carried bricks collides with a wall?

Secondly: I use bullet and platform to achieve this level. The bottom brick bounces back and forth but I noticed that the collission check/sec increases nonstop since the brick above it is constantly colliding with it. Does the never-ending increase in colission check hurt anything?

I also noticed that if the carrying brick moves too fast, the items on top will fly off.

I can't pin the items to the brick since that will nullify collision.

Is there a better way to do this?

the other levels with no moving parts, just falling bricks, work perfectly fine.

• What you're trying to achieve will be possible but it's difficult to understand the intricacies of the game and where collisions take place from your description alone. An example game or sketch or something would be better so we can see what the game looks like. You mention that you use bullet and platform but the bricks flying off sound like they are using physics. Yes you can check for collisions of one brick and change the direction of the bottom brick.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, ! I actually figured it out. I did indeed have physics. I forgot to remove it.

I am more curious about the SINE, though. It's meant for same repetitive movements but is there a way to change its direction on demand?

• The sine behavior works with a Cycle that goes between 0 and 1.

You have an action to set the Cycle position.

The cycle from 0 to 0.5 will go a direction, 0.5 to 1 will go a different direction. You also have to watch for the general magnitude set to the Sine though.

• Thanks, Kyatric. I decided to just keep using the bullet behavior, but I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)