i'm having a problem with shooting a jumping.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Shoot balls to destroy as many blocks as possible, at each stage the game will become more difficult.
  • i'm making a platformer where the character runs and jumps but you can also shoot in 4 directions, up, down, left, and right, but whenever i try to run jump and aim up or down the controls lock. like if i were to hit the right arrow the up arrow the space bar and the button to fire the weapon the character doesn't move or shoot. additionally for some reason if the character is walking to the left for some reason i can't jump at all. i'm trying to make a game with a very fluid control that feels natural so i don't want to have to leave the controls the way they are or have some cheap work around that sacrifices the way the game feels. if anyone can help me please let me know. thank you you would be a great help.

• it's definitely something wrong with jumping. since if i let go of space bar while in mid jump it lets me aim and shoot properly in any direction. i just can't figure out what's wrong with the jumping mechanic.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can u do a small capx for shooting and jumping in the direction u want? i can easy fix it for u

never mind that i just made u a simple example and fluid movement and shooting feel free to use it in your game cheers

• sorry i'm having more trouble again. it says the version you developed the .capx file in is newer than the newest version available. do i have to download a beta patch to open it?

• ok i downloaded the beta release and ran the capx file you sent me and it works but what i'm trying to do is move my character with wasd and also use the direction i'm walking to shoot. so what happens is when i hold down dw to walk forward and shoot up the game locks up. this also holds true for any other combo of up or down and left or right together. is there anyone who can help me?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)