How do I ignore/stop ignoring pathfinding behaviors?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • This tutorial shows how to select characters to move individually via 8 directional movement, I would like to know how to do the same thing with pathfinding instead of 8 direction movement. Would it require the devs to implement a "start ignoring pathfinding" and "stop ignoring pathfinding" action? I tried using the "stop pathfinging" action which only caused all units to not move at all. Maybe there is a creative alternative Im not considering? Any help would be so appreciated.-Jay

(Just realized I dont have the reputation to post URLs so if anyone is interested, googling "construct 2 switching characters" will bring the link up as the first option in the search engine.)

• If you want them to move individually , you have to make seperate paths.

Either through pathfinding or through other events.

• You can stop individual objects from pathfinding. Perhaps you're picking all of your characters instead of just the one you want to stop. Or am I misunderstanding?

• You can stop individual objects from pathfinding. Perhaps you're picking all of your characters instead of just the one you want to stop. Or am I misunderstanding?

I have 3 units and want to be able to select them individually to move using the pathfinding behavior. I have followed the advice of the tutorial I described above but that tut is for objects using the 8 direction movement which has a preprogrammed "start ignoring 8 directional movement" and "stop ignoring 8 directional movement" and for some reason the pathfinding behavior does not have the same ignore option.

• Does the attached capx help at all?

• Does the attached capx help at all?

That is closer to what I want, but can it be done using a method where the player actually selects one of the units and then chooses the target using "mouse.x, mouse.y" or "touch.x, touch.y".

• Yes that should be a simple change.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes that should be a simple change.

It worked perfectly, thanks so much. +rep

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)