How to ignore specific Solid Objects?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Heyah, so i'm having a problem that i can't solve or think about something for it. I'm making a Space-Shooter 2d game, and i have some wall objects that don't let the player to get off the screen. The players uses the 8 Direction Behavior, and the enemies that falls use the Platform Behavior. You can at the image below, see the red-lines that are the hitboxes of then, and, the enemies will spawn above of it.

Link: imgur.com/a/cjknfTc

Link 2: imgur.com/a/MDy1aZE

So, i want to makes the enemies pass through these walls, but, i don't want to use Physics, Bullet or other Plugins Behaviors, i want to use the Platform, becauses it gives the effect that i want.

Also, i don't want to: Turn off collisions, because the enemy won't able to get shoot in a certain moment. Creates a Hitbox Sprite, because i want then clean. Disable the Solid Behavior, because the player could abuse of it to go through of then. Use Bound to Layout Behavior, because it delays the player movement when he collides with the wall, and movement in this game are precious. Also, i don't want to modify any type of plugin at C2 folder's, unless it gives me a good solution.

If you have an idea, and thinks it's good enough, even if it has some things i don't want, tell me unless it really good and solves my problem without making it problematic for me.

Summary:

Objective: Make some walls that has the Solid Object be able to let enemies pass through of then, but not the player.

If needed, you can see the .capx below.

dropbox.com/s/s8f512f50lt5arm/Hellish%20Space%20DEMO.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is not supported in Construct 2, but Construct 3 supports it with the solid collision filtering feature.

• Oh, idk it wasn't possible, but, i could think more about it, thanks anyway.

• DogeDev if I have understood well, the solution is quite simple.

Disable or get rid of the solid object on top of the screen, then limit the Player's movement input if too high than a specific Y amount.

You can see how I have done here in my tutorial to limit the left and right movement of the spaceship:

https://youtu.be/hy5_FzrfYDs?t=935

No third party plugins required and works even with the free version of C2.

• DogeDev if I have understood well, the solution is quite simple.

Disable or get rid of the solid object on top of the screen, then limit the Player's movement input if too high than a specific Y amount.

You can see how I have done here in my tutorial to limit the left and right movement of the spaceship:

https://youtu.be/hy5_FzrfYDs?t=935

No third party plugins required and works even with the free version of C2.

Sorry for the late response, but i actually made it in the way that i wanted and fixed it, so, thanks anyway.

• As long as it works for you, all good :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)