How do I make the http://localhost:50002/ go back to 50000?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • It recently changed from 50000 to 50002, even though it's still 50000 in settings. I notice the many local keys I use for testing are saved to 50000, and aren't available at 50002. Changing it to 50000 myself in the browser makes it fail. It automatically previews at 50002.

• This usually happens when there are several copies of C2 running on PC. Check task manager, try turning it off and on again

• This usually happens when there are several copies of C2 running on PC. Check task manager, try turning it off and on again

Unfortunately everything I tried related to that didn't work, such as closing and reopening both C2 and the Chrome browser, as well as checking Task Manager to ensure there are no extra copies of C2 or Chrome open. Another possible way around my issue: Is it possible to find some sort of Chrome data file that contains the Local Storage keys related to localhost:50000, and copy them, and replace a "50000" with "50002", so that the same set keys are available on 50002?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried restarting your PC?

I think somehow ports 50000-50001 remain open even after you close all copies of C2. That's why when you launch C2 again, it uses the next available port 50002. Reboot should fix this.

You can check the list of open ports in Windows - start Resource Monitor and click Network->Listening ports.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)