How do I host multiplayer on my server?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Very simple code without excess options (15 events for server and 11 events for client)
  • Hello.

I need to host the multiplayer on my server, since it is way better for players (if hosts has trash internet or quits the game is not ruined).

I would like for the host to be on my server so that everyone else connects to the server, not the other person. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

• You execute a browser on your server and it contains running tabs as host.

You make your game so that the "version" your players get is the client or peer that will connect to those host tabs.

Otherwise, you look into developing a proper server in a server side language that will bridge with WebRTC protocol.

Or you use WebSocket instead of the Multiplayer plugin.

• It'S made to be as cost effective as possible so you don'T have to pay for servers. Also having a server where you live won'T guarantee a good connection between two users on the other side of the planet, it will make it worse. You could let players choose their region instead and then match them with nearby players to guarantee a good connection !

• I've had a server running on my computer with the headless arguments when you export to nw.js but it's not the most practical thing like what if it crashes or I lose connection then nobody can play at all until I decide to check if it'S running or not by playing the game it'S not very good

I wish it could be exported to run as a daemon as a node.js app instead, that way it would have more uptime and reliability

• You execute a browser on your server and it contains running tabs as host.

You make your game so that the "version" your players get is the client or peer that will connect to those host tabs.

Otherwise, you look into developing a proper server in a server side language that will bridge with WebRTC protocol.

Or you use WebSocket instead of the Multiplayer plugin.

Hello, how do you open a browser tab on a server? I am running a linux debian server, which only has a secure shell and a SFTP. Thanks for your reply. Have a great day :D

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The answer is likely in the linux debian's documentation.

How to execute a browser on it and have it execute a specific URL (which is your application's server).

Or as mentioned, you perhaps should look into a node.js server that is an application that linux should be able to execute.

• Thanks for the reply. The debian browsers, however, do not support HTML5 so hence I can't run construct 2 apps.

• Anyone can code me a node.js app for this? I can offer some money if you want. Thanks :D

• Consider posting in the dedicated forum : construct.net/forum/game-development/job-offers-and-team-requests-28

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)