How do I highlight buttons and select them using a Gamepad?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi,

I am trying to highlight a button from my main menu screen with a gamepad, and tap on the A button to load next layout

it is a piece of cake with mouse and touch but cant for the life of me figure it out for gamepad.

thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried using a visible or invisible onscreen cursor sprite that is controlled by the gamepad movement inputs?

use cursor collision detection events to detect when the cursor is over the buttons

Depending on the layout of your buttons on the screen you could make the cursor snap to the buttons as well for ease of use.

moving the cursor object X number of pixels at a time.

• That sounds like a great idea, but how do I get cursor to follow gamepad inputs? thanks in advance,

• i had the same problem and it took me forever to figure it out. basically you need to create an invisible cross that can move up and down. im away from my home computer but in a few hours i can send you a cap.x so you can see what im talking about. I was going to make it a tutorial but it would be easier just showing people. so if you can wait 5 hours or so. also, i programmed it to be used with keyboard, gamepad direction buttons and joystick as well.

• updated

• Hi daggame, thanks for the help, but I tried loading the cap.x and multiple errors come up like check fail and missing .xml then it closes

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)