Help With the Score of My game

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm a beginner in construct 2.

I've started making a game; similar as Doodle Jump but not the same, you don't jump on the plataforms; you are flying and you have to avoid to touch the plataforms, if you touch them you are dead.

Please someone yo help me with the score; I want that everytime the player avoids 1 plataform you get 1 20 plataforms ; your score: 20) . It's impossible for me to make this, I've tried a few things but nothing yet.

Thankyou

• you could have a coin that they have to collect so that would add 1 to the score ???

• There are many ways to do it, for example, add invisible sprites near the platforms, so if player avoids the platform he will collide with invisible sprite, then add event - Player > On Collision with Invisible sprite > add 1 to Score variable.

• How can I do: for every 100 (something of distance ) add 1 to Score? instead of 1 for every plataform; 1 for each 100 or 50 (something)

• How I did it in my flappy bird clone:

I add point to my score everytime I pass the bottom pipe

BottomPip: Compare X Less than or equal Broom.X (my x co-ordinate)

if this is unclear, I can upload my capx for the clone and you can see what's going on.

• How can I do: for every 100 (something of distance ) add 1 to Score? instead of 1 for every plataform; 1 for each 100 or 50 (something)

If you want to add something that adds 1 to a value every 100 points of other value then make something like that - add "a" value(that will set to 100, 200 and more) and "b" value (that will set to 1 when "a" equals 100 and 2 when 200 etc.), add event: every tick (or when condition that changes "a" triggers) set value "b" to (int(a/100)), or (floor(a/100)). The same thing if you want to add 1 to "b" every 50 points of "a" > set value "b" to (int(a/50)).

• This is the example capx, works how you want i guess.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thank you again sisyphun and yes please Drewford can you upload your capx. file? thankyou

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)