Help needed :-D

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • So im stuck on this part of my game:-

I have a character flying around, when i click on a floating object i want my character to lock a line onto the object to make him swing round it. Its like floating point game. Help needed, thanks!

• What behaviour is your character using for the flying?

Or do you mean something like a "Grappling Hook"?

• Thanks for the reply,

Yes "Grappling Hook" is what I mean, when I click onto my floating object I want my Character to Grapple onto it and swing around it until I let go.

I have a rough idea how to do this, but It doesnt seem to quite work out yet...

Thanks

• Thanks for the reply,

Yes "Grappling Hook" is what I mean, when I click onto my floating object I want my Character to Grapple onto it and swing around it until I let go.

I have a rough idea how to do this, but It doesnt seem to quite work out yet...

Thanks

Did you click the link in my last post?

The question has been asked before and maybe one of the topics will give you an idea (and maybe even a capx example)

• Thanks for the reply,

I found a post that really helped me out.

The last thing i need help on is:-

To make my character swing round i use:

Every tick move to postion etc... this make my character move in a very smooth circle motion around my floating object.

The only thing is i am not controlling this. I want to put On mouse click move to position etc... but that means i can not put every tick. So this means (if i use on click) whenever i click the floating object my players move to a random position along the outside of the circle...

• Have you tried something like this?

mouse button is down

mouse is overlapping floating object

If this is not what you mean you'd have to be clearer..

You could set a variable on mouse click and if that variable is set do the move action..

That would mean every tick that variable is set the move action will be performed..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Works perfectly,

thanks for your help little stain i really appreciate it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)