Help on Making a Point & Click Adventure Game

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I want to make a simple point & click adventure game in C2. Basically the player will only move left and right, not in/out or up/down. There would be NO moving into the distance etc. There would be inventory with icons and actions such as look, open, use, talk etc.

I need a bit of help on getting started. I'm usually ok when I get started but figuring out how to set something like this up is what I need help with.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Dan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you give us more information?

How would he move left and right? Is this like a platformer/Point and Click adventure hybrid?

I think a good idea would be to get input from mouse, and once clicked on an object (like a move left/right sprite) it would take you to another layout.

• Could you give us more information?

How would he move left and right? Is this like a platformer/Point and Click adventure hybrid?

I think a good idea would be to get input from mouse, and once clicked on an object (like a move left/right sprite) it would take you to another layout.

How I imagined it is the player would move towards the direction of the click but in a linear manner, just left and right. There probably would be a grid with a list of actions to choose from (like in games such as Monkey Island) at the bottom of the screen or something.

So in your idea would there be no animated player?

• No, I just didn't know exactly if it was a P&CA like Monkey Island or a P&CA like...Another I can't remember the name of.

In that case what you can do is move your player towards the mouse's X position, and once it reaches the end of the screen, have a sensor trigger the change of layout. Does that make sense?

• No, I just didn't know exactly if it was a P&CA like Monkey Island or a P&CA like...Another I can't remember the name of.

In that case what you can do is move your player towards the mouse's X position, and once it reaches the end of the screen, have a sensor trigger the change of layout. Does that make sense?

Cool, how would I achieve that? Also I want the player to stop if it hits a wall or something.

• I want to share some youtube links with you, but profile limitations won't allow it. Not much I can do to help you for now, I'm sorry Dankhan

• I want to share some youtube links with you, but profile limitations won't allow it. Not much I can do to help you for now, I'm sorry Dankhan

Thanks for that and no worries. I'm following you on Twitter (Playdor). Maybe you can tweet me the youtube links there.

• Cool, I'll do that tomorrow. I have a playlist full of C2 Tutorials. Do let me know if I can help you by testing your game. I'm a noob at this but I want to get involved with the community - it's the best way to learn.

• Cool, I'll do that tomorrow. I have a playlist full of C2 Tutorials. Do let me know if I can help you by testing your game. I'm a noob at this but I want to get involved with the community - it's the best way to learn.

Cool thanks!

• dankhan

I followed you and sent you a playlist. Now about your problem, I haven't coded something similar but I should be able to give you half the answer lol. Talk to you soon.

• It's really really hard. There's been some discussion here and a tech demo:

But as you can see, the current C2 engine isn't up to the task, the way it handles collisions is terrible for adventure games.

There are progress of course, but it will take time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)