Help! Layers + Tiles Aint Working!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello!

Recently ive started making a tileset/platformer game and its going fine, but heres the thing, i have 2 layers, one for the background eye candy etc and one for the normal level. Now, im a bit confused with this, when i select the background eye candy layer and unselect the normal level layer, I cant draw with my tiles in the background layer (it just wont come up with anything), but i can in the normal layer. What am i doing wrong? Am i using the layer function correctly? Im not 100% sure on how to select one layer and draw in it and then select another layer and draw in it without drawing in the other layer, as that is what happened in a previous attempt.

(sorry if this sounds confusing)

• Crystalline
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Crystalline,

If you're using the "Tile Map" object, it's possible that you have a Tile Map on the game layer, but you don't have a Tile Map on the background layer.

You'll need a Tile Map object on both layers, if you want to draw tiles on each layer using the Tile Map drawing tools.

In order to specify which Tile Map object you want to draw on, you can select it before drawing.

While the Tile Map editing panel is open, if you want to select things you'll need to switch to the normal selection tool (arrow pointer), which you can choose from the Tile Map editing panel's toolbar.

Notice that the top of the Tile Map editing panel will show the name and UID number of the currently selected Tile Map object.

Finally, you can hide a layer by clicking the check box beside it's name, to double check that you're drawing on the correct layer.

Hope that helps.

• Hey Crystalline,

If you're using the "Tile Map" object, it's possible that you have a Tile Map on the game layer, but you don't have a Tile Map on the background layer.

You'll need a Tile Map object on both layers, if you want to draw tiles on each layer using the Tile Map drawing tools.

In order to specify which Tile Map object you want to draw on, you can select it before drawing.

While the Tile Map editing panel is open, if you want to select things you'll need to switch to the normal selection tool (arrow pointer), which you can choose from the Tile Map editing panel's toolbar.

Notice that the top of the Tile Map editing panel will show the name and UID number of the currently selected Tile Map object.

Finally, you can hide a layer by clicking the check box beside it's name, to double check that you're drawing on the correct layer.

Hope that helps.

Omg, Thank you so much!

I would never have thought that you would need 2 tilemap objects...

Thanks!

• No problem, glad I could help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)