Alright, i have a load of issues and i have done everything i can on my own to try and figure things out without asking for help.
I have read the manual, forums, youtube...you name it. I did everything i was suppose to (or so i thought).
A buddy and I are making a simply platform game, but we are both new to Construct. So we designed a little prototype lvl just so we can get the hang of things. For the most part we are doing pretty well. But here are my problems:
1. Every time you die, i have it to where the layout restarts after a couple of seconds allowing time for the death animation and game over text to appear. Problem is the text just appears where i originally placed it in the layout. I tried having it set to player's position upon death, but that didn't work.
2. When running the game, it runs rather smoothly until after a few attempts the background goes completely white. ????
3. I have it to where when you die a little explosion happens where you died. But sometimes the explosion happens randomly on the screen at not at the image point i placed it at.
4. There are doughnuts/donuts (Duh-Nuts in the game) that the player can collect. There is suppose to be a little purple particle effect where the duh-nut is when the player collects it. Generally it works...but most the time the particle effect just goes where it wants.
5. I also noticed that when i put things at the end of the layout (i.e. a sprite), when i run the layout it doesn't show it. I wanted a sprite to be part of the background (in this case i named the layer Foreground so i don't confuse it with the Background) but when i do that it is hidden. It only works when i give the sprite it's own layer. I already have too many layers to begin with.
Here is the .Capx file: docs.google.com/file/d/0ByFZ6PzKQQ2qdFZXbEQyT0VSaTA/edit
Forgive my numerous errors....i know there is a lot more problems with this thing, but i don't want to burden anyone that is willing to help with even more of my BS. :/