How do I use gradient mask?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hello all,

I would like to get to this required result:

I can create a spritefont with borders and all, but I can't figure out how to use the gradient colors, and it gets tricker. if I have 2 lines of text, the gradient should be darker in the second line, meaning this isn't the same gradient for each letter, otherwise I would just paint the gradient on top of the spritefont.

I was thinking of creating a gradient sqaured layer below the spritefont, and use some blending modes between the 2, but I couldn't find the combination that would allow me to achieve this.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!!

• You could make two sets of the spritefont. One with the outline and one with just a solid colored inside. The inside ones you could put on it's own layer with a gradient sprite that uses a blend mode. Also be sure that layer has force own texture.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks R0J0hound, wouldn't it be wasteful to have 3 sprites for each text?

I guess if all else fails, I might consider this... :/

• It's a solution for it. To use a blendmode you need to isolate the stuff you want to use, and separate objects would do that. Other options could be to make a image per text or maybe write an effect that replaces a certain color and replace it with a gradient.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)