Gradient Background

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
40 ambient sound loops. A wide selection of looping ambient sounds for different locations.
  • I know Construct 2 can create solid color backgrounds on layers but, can it create gradient backgrounds? If you have ever used another program to make gradient backgrounds please let me know. Thanks for the help!

• Create a small (64x64 or so) gradient in any image editor and stretch it to fit your background. Works and has minimal performance impact :)

• Thanks worked like a charm!

• vee41

doesnt work for me, I created 64x64 gradient picture, then converted it to C2, resized it and when I launch it via CocoonJS - from usual 50-60 fps to 30fps :/

any other way?

• vee41

doesnt work for me, I created 64x64 gradient picture, then converted it to C2, resized it and when I launch it via CocoonJS - from usual 50-60 fps to 30fps :/

any other way?

trance

That is simple way to save video memory; the sprite will still have to be drawn and will have impact on performance. Here are few links to get you started on the topic:

Thehens excellent tutorial

Performance tutorials

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • vee41

thanks for the tutorial links but there is nothing new for me... I just wanted to solve the problem with gradient background...

I really dont know how to make my background gradient with no impact (or minimal impact) on performance...

• Rendering a screen sized object per tick will always impact performance, even when the smallest possible source is used. It's the size of the screen that is a factor here. If your game runs at 320x240 full size objects will be rendered faster then at 1920x1080.

If you experience just some minimal performance impact when previewing, but a drop to half via CocoonJS, chances are that there's some bottleneck in CoccoonJS.

• oh my freaking gosh... that was just straight up brilliant!. making a small size then stretched image... just brilliant man.

• hey... just use something like photoshop, or gimp, and just make a small image then stretch it out. it should work just fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)