Google play leaderboard with Crosswalk

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I don't exactly understand if it's possible or not - manual says that it's incompatibile, but on the other hand there are described extra steps for exporting mobile app using Cordova.

I configured leaderboard, filled all keys and secrets - it was paiful process but it works on test url (localhost:5000). It also seems to work on android build - it redirects player to google login page, but after I sign in, it doesn't go back to game. Anyone else have experience with that?

• I wouldn't recommend to use the scirra "Google Play Games" Plugin on mobile (crosswalk/phonegap exports). You are using the web-facing login that would work anywhere but this is not what users expect on mobile devices. Use the cranberry "game" plugin for that. It is really great and works for ios and android at the same time.

The cranberry plugin opens the in-app-login to the game service, It looks and feels more integrated. The most important part is that you can just open the "leaderboards" and "achievements" with one command. The scirra plugin just supports you with the data so you will have to build your own lists and views (complex). Both plugins should work on cordova exports though I think.

Here is a game of mine if you want to see the cranberry "game" plugin in action:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... zardattack

• Thanks, I'll definatelly give it a try

• I think that Phonegap Game is not working on release 190

I can't see the Plug-in

Someone have the same issue?

• Hi Marco (MACPK),

Tried your game 'Battle Wizard Attack' just now and also sent you an email from your website. How did you get the leaderboard to have similar colors to the actual game? I was under the impression google provides the pop-up and hence the colors would be more in line with their standard pop-ups.

By the way, very nice graphics and game!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • suneelnairk Thx a lot, a good rating is also ver welcome any time You can't set up that color. I think google is somehow analizing your header grafic and is picking a color that fits to that.

• Anytime Marco!

By the way, for all those facing issues with making phonegap game to work, I finally got mine working after realizing the issue lay outside construct 2, XDK or the plugin. got a hint from the other android forums.

Thing is, please ensure that your google auto-sync is turned on or if it is switched off, please sync your google+ account on the phone after making any changes to the google game settings online or in your code. this will ensure that your online changes are properly identified by the google+ settings on the phone.

• I wouldn't recommend to use the scirra "Google Play Games" Plugin on mobile (crosswalk/phonegap exports). You are using the web-facing login that would work anywhere but this is not what users expect on mobile devices. Use the cranberry "game" plugin for that. It is really great and works for ios and android at the same time.

The cranberry plugin opens the in-app-login to the game service, It looks and feels more integrated. The most important part is that you can just open the "leaderboards" and "achievements" with one command. The scirra plugin just supports you with the data so you will have to build your own lists and views (complex). Both plugins should work on cordova exports though I think.

Here is a game of mine if you want to see the cranberry "game" plugin in action:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... zardattack

Hi, MACPK. Isn't the plugin from intel XDK "Google Play* Game Services" enough to create leaderboards?Or do I need to use it plus the cranberrys's plugin too?Are there any tutorial that explain step by step how to do it?Thanks!

edit: is it the phonegap game plugin? (plugins-cordova-related-c2-plugins-crosswalk-list_t109586?&hilit=cranberry)

• No, so far as I know you can't use that. The Scirra plugin is a weblogin based solution. You don't need to ad anything for that but it is highly mobil eunfriendly.

1. You need to add the cranberry game plugin to construct2

2. Then add the plugin to your project and configure login etc.

3. Export to intel XDK

4. Ad your Google ID to intelxdk.config.additions

5. Enable the "Phonegap +Admob* Plugin" in Cordova settings of your project in IntelXDK (it is supposed to be activated right away but that is not working for me so I always enable that)

6. Set export option to "not signed"

7. Export via Android/Crosswalk

8. Sign your APK with your Key

9. Run app on a device

10. Get a cocktail to celebrate awesomeness

Idk, some people are working on a tutorial. Should be there soon but acutally know it is there above I thought about creating a tutorial but everything changes so fast. So with the next IntelXDK update it might look different.

VERY IMPROTANT:

• Don't use any CocoonJS with this. I mean the C2 Plugin. Acually the Cranberry Plugin might work on a CCJS export but if you don't know what I am talking right now I recommend to not touch it. Don't open that grave^^
    • Don't use the Scirra build in Google Game Service - Plugin. It is well done but not made for mobile. You can just pull data with that and have to desgin your own leaderboard views. The cranberry plugin opens the standard iOS and Android view. Nevertheless the cranberry plugin doesn't work in a browser so that's why there is still some need for the Scirra version. A merge would be nice. If the scirra plugin behaved like the cranberry plugin on mobile, that would be great but the focus is on C3 I guess.
  • No, so far as I know you can't use that. The Scirra plugin is a weblogin based solution. You don't need to ad anything for that but it is highly mobil eunfriendly.

1. You need to add the cranberry game plugin to construct2

2. Then add the plugin to your project and configure login etc.

3. Export to intel XDK

4. Ad your Google ID to intelxdk.config.additions

5. Enable the "Phonegap +Admob* Plugin" in Cordova settings of your project in IntelXDK (it is supposed to be activated right away but that is not working for me so I always enable that)

6. Set export option to "not signed"

7. Export via Android/Crosswalk

8. Sign your APK with your Key

9. Run app on a device

10. Get a cocktail to celebrate awesomeness

Idk, some people are working on a tutorial. Should be there soon but acutally know it is there above I thought about creating a tutorial but everything changes so fast. So with the next IntelXDK update it might look different.

VERY IMPROTANT:

- Don't use any CocoonJS with this. I mean the C2 Plugin. Acually the Cranberry Plugin might work on a CCJS export but if you don't know what I am talking right now I recommend to not touch it. Don't open that grave^^

- Don't use the Scirra build in Google Game Service - Plugin. It is well done but not made for mobile. You can just pull data with that and have to desgin your own leaderboard views. The cranberry plugin opens the standard iOS and Android view. Nevertheless the cranberry plugin doesn't work in a browser so that's why there is still some need for the Scirra version. A merge would be nice. If the scirra plugin behaved like the cranberry plugin on mobile, that would be great but the focus is on C3 I guess.

1. Could you provide the link?

4. Google ID is what I will get when I publish my app?

5. I'm willing to use the oficial admob plugin. this will affect it?

8. Could you visit my topic about this? ()

I'm almost ready to publish my first game. I just need these questions to be clear in my mind. I'll first publish the game without the leaderboard and add it later, when I set everything about this correctly.

Thank you for your time!

• This ID is the game service ID you can find next to your game name at the game service section. This is not the reverse domain idientifier of your app.

• This ID is the game service ID you can find next to your game name at the game service section. This is not the reverse domain idientifier of your app.

But this leaderboard isn't global, right? It just involve the people in your circle of friends in google+

• nope, it can be and usually is global. If you login first time google play game service asks you for permission. Users could set there to only share that with friends but in general it is public.

• Nice!Do we have any control over the leaderboard design?

• nope, not with that plugin. If you want to design your own leaderboard you can use the Scirra homemade "Goole Play Game" Service. But why do u want to design it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)