How do I make a good looking top-down view explosion

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of tiles to create a map for top-down games with island theme
  • Hey there guys! I am making a top-down view game and i want to make explosion look good.

At the moment it looks like "cheap junk" as my friend said and it made me sad.

I guess that the problem is that it looks too segmentative.

How can i make it to look more whole , not consisting of parts ( more realistic in the end) ?

Here is a screen shot:

And here is a link to .capx of what i have at the moment:I made like 3 explosion particles to make the whole thing look better, but i think it didn't help that much..

dropme files. com/BsGpG

Thank you in advance, guys!

P.S. i use Steam personal version of C2 - just in case , maybe this information is significant.

• I had to fragmentate url because i have not enough repetation, sorry for that. Just copy it and backspace those to spaces i had to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I bump this - still need help.

• Can't open your project from here but I may still have some useful advice.

Having the redder parts toward the middle is a big part of the problem, I think. The hotter something burns, the whiter it is, so try to blend it from reds and oranges on the outside to yellows and whites in the middle.

I also like to spawn another sprite on top of my explosions that is just a big soft white or white-yellow circle with it's blend mode set to additive and a Fade behavior timed to disappear a little after the explosion does. That way it lights up the surrounding area a little, too.

• Can't open your project from here but I may still have some useful advice.

Having the redder parts toward the middle is a big part of the problem, I think. The hotter something burns, the whiter it is, so try to blend it from reds and oranges on the outside to yellows and whites in the middle.

I also like to spawn another sprite on top of my explosions that is just a big soft white or white-yellow circle with it's blend mode set to additive and a Fade behavior timed to disappear a little after the explosion does. That way it lights up the surrounding area a little, too.

Thank you - that's a good advice - i will give it a try!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)