Going to Specified Level Order

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • How would I setup my game so that when a level is completed, the game proceeds to whatever layout I want. For example, I would like to go in this order: Lv1 -> Lv2 -> Midboss -> Lvl3 -> World 1 Boss.

Also, what ways could I incorporate a 'level skip' in a game?

• On whatever the action is that completes the level system > go to layout > layout name

Do this in each level for the next level. Same idea for the level skip, except that whatever it is that allows the level skip is where you put in the go to layout.

so say they reached a door that leads to next level setup the condition on collision with object door and action system go to layout level 2

if they got a certain item in the level that allows the skipping of level 2 add a sub condition with a variable setup for that item being obtained

so conditions:

on collision with object door

if level skip is true

Action:

system go to layout level 3

does that make sense?

• On whatever the action is that completes the level system > go to layout > layout name

Do this in each level for the next level. Same idea for the level skip, except that whatever it is that allows the level skip is where you put in the go to layout.

so say they reached a door that leads to next level setup the condition on collision with object door and action system go to layout level 2

if they got a certain item in the level that allows the skipping of level 2 add a sub condition with a variable setup for that item being obtained

so conditions:

on collision with object door

if level skip is true

Action:

system go to layout level 3

does that make sense?

Well, I can see myself creating an event sheet just for this which won't be a problem since I'm not versed in arrays. But how exactly do I put together the event of 'On Level 1' -> If Complete -> Go to Layout 'Name'? I don't see an 'On Layout Name' event.

Would I have to put together a system that requires comparing 2 global variables? I think I can manage something like that, but I'm not sure how to get the number out of my 'Layout Name' somehow to integrate it with a global variable that matches itself.

• YoHoho

There is "LayoutName" expression.

System- Compare two Values -> LayoutName equals "Level1" : Go to layout Level2

You can also create a variable "NextLayoutName".

When level 1 starts, set NextLayoutName="Level2"

When level 2 starts, set NextLayoutName="Level3"

etc.

At the end of each level use event "Go to layout (by name) NextLayoutName"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, I can see myself creating an event sheet just for this which won't be a problem since I'm not versed in arrays. But how exactly do I put together the event of 'On Level 1' -> If Complete -> Go to Layout 'Name'? I don't see an 'On Layout Name' event.

Would I have to put together a system that requires comparing 2 global variables? I think I can manage something like that, but I'm not sure how to get the number out of my 'Layout Name' somehow to integrate it with a global variable that matches itself.

There is a System > got to layout

when you select that it will bring up a dropdown of all your layouts and you choose which layout to go to.

I prefer that one to the layout by name just because you have to type in the layout name and if you make a spelling mistake in the layout name and don't catch it you might be longer at debugging what the problem is. However there might be more of a benefit to using layout by name that i am not aware of. dop2000 will know his stuff more than I

• YoHoho

There is "LayoutName" expression.

System- Compare two Values -> LayoutName equals "Level1" : Go to layout Level2

You can also create a variable "NextLayoutName".

When level 1 starts, set NextLayoutName="Level2"

When level 2 starts, set NextLayoutName="Level3"

etc.

At the end of each level use event "Go to layout (by name) NextLayoutName"

That's exactly what I was wondering. It does make sense to create a variable AND then have the 'Compare Two Values' with text instead of numbers. I'll try putting this together this weekend. Thanks for the help to the both of you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)