Global Layer not global for me

From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.

I have a layout on which I have a layer called Menu and the Global is set to Yes in the Editor Properties.

I have a second layout which also has a Menu layer and I want the menu from the first layout to appear in the second, but when I run the game the menu doesn't appear in the second layout.

Anybody know what I'm stupidly missing?

don't be a dick about it dude. I completely understand what was written. It is certainly a question on your own mistake.

I understand exactly where to post.

Just because I can't get it to work doesn't automatically mean it's a bug, it's probably something I'm doing wrong as other people have it working and I'd just like to know how they did it.

Is it a bug? Can no one else do it? I would appreciate an answer before I jump in an say it's a bug.

I would recommend you make sure you understand what was written before you post a reply.

I understand exactly where to post.

Just because I can't get it to work doesn't automatically mean it's a bug, it's probably something I'm doing wrong as other people have it working and I'd just like to know how they did it.

Is it a bug? Can no one else do it? I would appreciate an answer before I jump in an say it's a bug.

I would recommend you make sure you understand what was written before you post a reply.

It works, it just needs a little TLC.

See capx of it working... it will change layouts ever 3 seconds.

[attachment=0:3rwe16pr][/attachment:3rwe16pr]

The trick is to make sure layout is selected. Go to layer and mark layer as global. Other layout, layers must have same name. Menu and Menu.

You know it works when other layouts, layer is disabled and says "Yes, overridden" or something like that.

There are a few bugs, but ashley said they will be address in future beta releases.

But all in all, it is a great feature and going to save countless hours.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Thanks DUTOIT that helped.

It didn't say "Yes, overridden" when I was working on it yesterday but now it does and the menu is working.

Much appreciated.

It didn't say "Yes, overridden" when I was working on it yesterday but now it does and the menu is working.

Much appreciated.

Fixed that mention for ya.

Much appreciated.

NP, glad it helped.

It will only get easier/better - it's still beta - lol

[quote:83z3gdyp]don't be a dick about it dude.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

[quote:2adwgo4n]don't be a dick about it dude.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Why do brits get offended so easy? Why do you all have attitudes? I just don't get it.

Locked, no need to use such language. Also looks like some edits or deletes were made since the thread makes no sense now, so assuming something nefarious went on there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)