How do I use gamepads?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • How can i use 4 gamepads to control 4 distinct players? I want four people to control the characters at the same time in a coop game, but I just can't figure out how to do this :(

Please someone help me.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, I'm Brazilian

• Hey ericksr,

When adding an "On button index pressed" condition, one of the values you can specify is the "Gamepad" number. This number is "0" by default, which essentially means the first player. "1" would be the second player, "2" would be the third player, and "3" is the forth.

So, to create an event that detects only the second player pressing the jump button, you would use the "On button index pressed" condition and enter "1" for the "Gamepad" number.

• Hi fisholith,

I've tried to use this this condition before, but it didn't work. Can you show me a simple example where you use 2 gamepads?

Thanks!

• Hi,

as far as I know you have to push a button so C2 recognizes the gamepad and it has to be XBox compatible

you could check that

create a few textobjects and in the eventsheet

gamepad | On gamepad 0 Button A is pressed

subevent Gamepad | gamepads are supported | obj_textbox0 | set text to "0 is supported

same for gamepad 1, 2, 3

There is also a check "has gamepads" and "on gamepad connected"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fm4fanAT Hi,

I know how to check, but the fact it is that even using

gamepad 0 right shoulder trigger is down | sprite 0 simulate car pressing accelerate

gamepad 1 right shoulder trigger is down | sprite 1 simulate car pressing accelerate

Only the first player moves and I don't know why.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)