Does the gamepad object works for xbox and ps?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hello everyone!

I've been testing the gamepad object and it worked fine with my xbox 360 controller, but i need to know if it also works with a playstation controller. Does anyone knows the answer?

Thanks since now!

• From the Gamepad manual entry:

[quote:3immz1dq]The Playstation 3 controller does not typically work without installing third party drivers since it is not officially supported. For this reason it is recommended to test with Google Chrome on Windows with an XBox 360 controller, and always support an alternative input method such as Keyboard input.

So you can get it to work, but it doesn't necessarily work out of the box like the Xbox 360 controller.

• I don't have a PS controller to test with currently, so I sent an alpha build of my game to a friend and he installed the 3rd party plugins for his PS controller; the system recognized it but it didn't work at all in the game.

Is there anything we are supposed to do in C2? or is it supposed to be compatible?

Anyone else having this issue?

• do you by any chance support PS controllers in your games? or is it all Microsoft compatible controllers?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've only tested Xbox controller because I too thought that was what the default compatibility is for.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)