Game ignoring Axis and D-pad inputs

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • I'm not sure what's going on but Construct 2 seems to just ignore my Gamepads Axis and D-pad inputs. I think my events are fine since I copied them from a tutorial. I even ran someone elses capx that uses axis and D-pad and... Nothing. I even tried another controller. I know my controllers work because I have a button mapping program and it picks up on all my inputs.

The weird thing is that C2 seems to pick up on all of my button presses, but not directional inputs.

To test the axis, I made a global variable and an event that reads the axis movement and returns with a value.

Global variable - AxisX

Every Tick - set value AxisX to Gamepad.Axis(0,1)

This returned nothing.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

• Have you tried RawAxis? See my demo project from this post:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/gamepad-right-axis-not-131857

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried RawAxis? See my demo project from this post:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/gamepad-right-axis-not-131857#forumPost938775

I tried yet another remote and it seems to work. I have no idea what the H is going on with my other controllers (1 being a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and the other a Generic USB Gamepad) which I have used on other games.

The controller that worked is a Wii U Pro Controller which I have connected using a 3rd party application that will show it as being an Xbox 360 controller, which I know for sure Construct 2 supports.

Thanks for taking the time for answering my post!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)