how to make game art that not harm memory & performance?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • HI everyone. i want to make hand drawn art for my game. what is the best size for images to not harm memory performence of the game?

bat not harm the quallity of the images (sorry for the bad english )

• HI everyone. i want to make hand drawn art for my game. what is the best size for images to not harm memory performence of the game?

bat not harm the quallity of the images (sorry for the bad english )

It depends in your layout size and window size in which size of your graphics will match. But it really depends in the number of instances you are gonna create. For example...

If I were to make a HD Game of 1280x720 px(Windows Size) in landscape orientation and every Tile is sized 128x128px. It will be okay if I create a layout that is small like (3000, 3000) or (6000, 6000) max and object count is limited to 200 to 100 or below (mostly tiled backgrounds) but If I were to use Tilemaps then it will be another story(It will be a lot lesser). I know that by looks of it, it looks so many but if you include everything that your game needs for an Open World Platformer game then it is already enough and can be optimized. I know cause I tested it in my phones, if they are WebGl supported then it will surely run 50 to 60fps Crosswalk.

My point is, that if you have bigger images then limit the object count but if you have smaller images you can have a little bit more instances.

Mobile Game Screen Ration 16:9 HD - Windows size (1280, 720) and make tiles(repeatable images) according to the size you want to be seen in your game.

Examples:

*(32x32)

*(64x64)

*(128x128)

*(256x256)

• > HI everyone. i want to make hand drawn art for my game. what is the best size for images to not harm memory performence of the game?

> bat not harm the quallity of the images (sorry for the bad english )

>

It depends in your layout size and window size in which size of your graphics will match. But it really depends in the number of instances you are gonna create. For example...

If I were to make a HD Game of 1280x720 px(Windows Size) in landscape orientation and every Tile is sized 128x128px. It will be okay if I create a layout that is small like (3000, 3000) or (6000, 6000) max and object count is limited to 200 to 100 or below (mostly tiled backgrounds) but If I were to use Tilemaps then it will be another story(It will be a lot lesser). I know that by looks of it, it looks so many but if you include everything that your game needs for an Open World Platformer game then it is already enough and can be optimized. I know cause I tested it in my phones, if they are WebGl supported then it will surely run 50 to 60fps Crosswalk.

My point is, that if you have bigger images then limit the object count but if you have smaller images you can have a little bit more instances.

Mobile Game Screen Ration 16:9 HD - Windows size (1280, 720) and make tiles(repeatable images) according to the size you want to be seen in your game.

Examples:

*(32x32)

*(64x64)

*(128x128)

*(256x256)

Windows size (1280, 720) 16:9 is also HD and retains very good quality even in Desktops.

• >

> > HI everyone. i want to make hand drawn art for my game. what is the best size for images to not harm memory performence of the game?

> > bat not harm the quallity of the images (sorry for the bad english )

> >

>

> It depends in your layout size and window size in which size of your graphics will match. But it really depends in the number of instances you are gonna create. For example...

>

> If I were to make a HD Game of 1280x720 px(Windows Size) in landscape orientation and every Tile is sized 128x128px. It will be okay if I create a layout that is small like (3000, 3000) or (6000, 6000) max and object count is limited to 200 to 100 or below (mostly tiled backgrounds) but If I were to use Tilemaps then it will be another story(It will be a lot lesser). I know that by looks of it, it looks so many but if you include everything that your game needs for an Open World Platformer game then it is already enough and can be optimized. I know cause I tested it in my phones, if they are WebGl supported then it will surely run 50 to 60fps Crosswalk.

>

> My point is, that if you have bigger images then limit the object count but if you have smaller images you can have a little bit more instances.

>

> Mobile Game Screen Ration 16:9 HD - Windows size (1280, 720) and make tiles(repeatable images) according to the size you want to be seen in your game.

> Examples:

> *(32x32)

> *(64x64)

> *(128x128)

> *(256x256)

>

Windows size (1280, 720) 16:9 is also HD and retains very good quality even in Desktops.

thanks a lot . your comment very helped me.

do you know how to make the game looks in hd?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • See:

https://www.scirra.com/blog/112/remember-not-to-waste-your-memory Remember not to waste your memory

https://www.scirra.com/manual/183/memory-usage Memory usage

https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips Performance tips

thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)