Flappy Bird Like Movements!

• How would someone make an Object on start go down, and right. And when player presses said button make that same object go up a little. Just like the Flappy Bird Game, that is popular atm! Any help would be thanked!

• For the horizontal movement I would instead make everthing move left and wrap around the screen so the player stays stationary. And for the flying motion I would use the platform behavior and set the Vector Y when the button pressed. The angle would be some sort of equation based on the Vector Y of the bird.

• hmm, thank you. Does not totally under but will test some stuff out!

• Bump

Anyone Else have something to add?

• If you open your copy of C2 go to File/New and search for a template called "Flying along" you'll find a working example of a very similar game.

• I created a variable called vspeed. Every tick it increases the vspeed by 1 (unless its past 5 for a maximum fall speed) then add vspeed to the players y. When he clicks to jump, I simply set vspeed to -15.

I have a game on Kongregate called Really Flappy Bird if you want to see a working example. My username on there is Ciphox.

• I created a variable called vspeed. Every tick it increases the vspeed by 1 (unless its past 5 for a maximum fall speed) then add vspeed to the players y. When he clicks to jump, I simply set vspeed to -15.

I have a game on Kongregate called Really Flappy Bird if you want to see a working example. My username on there is Ciphox.

Hey man how much can I pay you for the project file to that game?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Physics to the object if the screeen is tapped then have the object go up on vector

• There's an example, tutorial and template (In new update..) Searching won't hurt ;)

• <font size="4">I got this!</font>

A full fledged clone of that game i made, even includes the angles:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/a-quick-flappy-bird-clone-55-events-capx_topic85265.html?KW=

Nobody's getting paid tonight, guys. ;D

• <div class="post-censorship-notice">osmanm can only post plain text URLS when they have 300 rep. 1 URLS removed. Why?</div>

Here is a clone I made of Flappy Bird but mine is a fairy instead of a bird. All you need is On touch or Mouse click set Platform Vector Y to Jump strength of 275 and a scroll speed of 4.7.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)