How do I do i make a flamethrower that reveals masked area

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi i want to have a flamethrower that reveals masked area i tried the usual technique and set the flame particle to destination out when i shoot it reveals the masked area but i doesn't look like a flamethrower i also thought of having a light source set to the position of the particle than make the particle spawn the light source but it seems that you cannot make it spawn another object any thoughts on how to overcome this problem.

Best Regards

• What about spawning two particle objects? One on a blending layer for the lighting and another on a normal layer on top for the actual fire.

• Is there a way to tweak this effect so that it keeps how its showing the background through the particles, however it doesnt make everything else black?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about spawning two particle objects? One on a blending layer for the lighting and another on a normal layer on top for the actual fire.

i don't know why i haven't thought of that but having two particles will cause some slowdowns.

• What about spawning two objects? One sprite on a blending layer for the lighting ,,,and another(particles) on a normal layer for the actual fire?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)