If the flame is touching my character when the animation comes out, how do I make my character jump

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of amazing Flame sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • hello everyone, i'm new around here, my question is that i have a normal floor and an animated sprite that fires at certain times within the animation. and I want my character to be able to stand and run smoothly on this object if the flaming part is not playing, but if the flaming animation part has come, I want it to hurt when it touches the flame (it will jump back and the character hurt animation will play). How can I do this, or can you suggest me a better method than this, please.

• Use player is overlapping, and then if it's a separate animation you can say 'animation is playing' if it's all within one animation you can compare animation frames.

• Use player is overlapping, and then if it's a separate animation you can say 'animation is playing' if it's all within one animation you can compare animation frames.

Actually, this was the first method I tried, but it didn't work with the performance I expected, my character sometimes detects it, sometimes it doesn't, and when it does, it reacts late.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No chance of helping with that unless we see it with share project file.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)