[Fixed] How do I fix my layouts?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • I'm trying again. I created a post yesterday about some issues I had with my layouts. I thought I figured it out, so I deleted it (because let's face it, I feel kind of bad for doing this). I know it's a lot to ask to look at my code and help me out, but I'm getting desperat. When I start the layouts separately from Construct the two playable characters behave as expected, and I can make them walk as designed. However, if I start the first layout and finish that so that the second (and third) layout is started, either one of the characters won't move (layout "3") or won't go to the tip of the finger as he should (layout "2"). The layouts use separate event sheets (basically identical), and I can't see how my variables can affect this. I've tried for hours using the debugger, copying layouts, deleting objects etc, but I fail to see where the problem is.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here. I'll buy you a beer if you can find the source of the problem.

Edit: I'm sorry, turns out it was a user error. If anyone ever run into something similar, and are using pathfinding, remember to regenerate the pathfinding obstacle map on start of your layouts

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • unfortunatly, i havne a free edition and i can't help you.

if you can describe your problem and attach a little sample, we can help.

• I think it originates from the invisible object "Pixel", which is placed in layout "1". But I don't understand why.. it's not global (and not in the other layouts).

• unfortunatly, i havne a free edition and i can't help you.

if you can describe your problem and attach a little sample, we can help.

Thanks, not sure exactly how I could easily do that.. You are not able to open it at all? Maybe it's because I'm using Families.

• > unfortunatly, i havne a free edition and i can't help you.

> if you can describe your problem and attach a little sample, we can help.

>

Thanks, not sure exactly how I could easily do that.. You are not able to open it at all? Maybe it's because I'm using Families.

no, you have a licensed version and your project is big.

i have the free version which can't handle more than 100 events and objects !

• Not sure what the problem is for definite but I think at the start of "layout 3" Dmitry is somehow overlapping a solid because if you move his sprite to the right in the layout then play all 3 levels he moves as he should.

Still looking

***EDIT - The problem is also on "layout 2" if you try to move one of the players to the far left trees he will won't get there as if there is an invisible barrier.

• Not sure what the problem is for definite but I think at the start of "layout 3" Dmitry is somehow overlapping a solid because if you move his sprite to the right in the layout then play all 3 levels he moves as he should.

Still looking

***EDIT - The problem is also on "layout 2" if you try to move one of the players to the far left trees he will won't get there as if there is an invisible barrier.

Yes, thanks, I saw this myself, with the "Pixel" object. It's a mystery..

• Comment: you don't need to duplicate your code in every eventsheet. Put common code in a separate eventsheet and Include it in the per-layout eventsheet.

• Comment: you don't need to duplicate your code in every eventsheet. Put common code in a separate eventsheet and Include it in the per-layout eventsheet.

I'm not sure exactly how I would do that? I mean, I know I can assign the same event sheet to all layouts, but what about when I need to add new functionality that I only want on one of the layouts?

Or do you mean I should use a separate event sheet on all layouts, and then add another event sheet with all the common functionality and then use the Include event sheet functionality to add to each of the layouts?

Edit: I believe the last thing I said works quite well. Not sure why I haven't done that before.. Thanks!

• This is looking more and more as a Construct bug..? I'm about to lose it completely over here, this is driving me insane. Even if I create a new layout without duplicating the "pixel" object seems to be present when I move from the first layout to the other, causing the character that is inside that object's collision polys to get stuck.

Or am I blind?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)