How do I fix this?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi. I'm currently programming scrolling text, and I was following a tutorial, and it dosen't seem to be working. Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong and how to fix it? My current work is on Layout 5 and Event Sheet 5, so I'm not that far in. Also, my DropBox is full so that's why I'm using a Google Drive link. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5jnTC ... sp=sharing

• Your target/source text should be Test2, and your length should be based on your visible text Test, so you have those swapped. Also, your Test object needs to start out empty. That expression says set Text to whatever the length of Test was originally +1 character, so if your original text starts out already longer than your target text, you won't get the typewriter effect.

• Your target/source text should be Test2, and your length should be based on your visible text Test, so you have those swapped. Also, your Test object needs to start out empty. That expression says set Text to whatever the length of Test was originally +1 character, so if your original text starts out already longer than your target text, you won't get the typewriter effect.

Do I set the length based on the amount of letters or words or...?

• The expression you are using says take however long your text currently is, and display one more character. This will happen every 0.2 seconds.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The expression you are using says take however long your text currently is, and display one more character. This will happen every 0.2 seconds.

Oh! I see now. Thanks!

Update: So in the string do I swap Test1 and Test2 around? Also, I made the correct one empty, and put text in the other.

• In the expression, swap test1 and test2. The visible text on your layout should start empty.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)