How do I fix this problem?

0 favourites
  • I take down the file from the link for now

• About the images, I have optimised some of them but not the hero since that messed up his collision with the ground.

• wow i wonder it ...

use 458 objects (sprites) and you get 60 fsp and and 8% of cpu .... i wonder to know how to do it ... maybe u use groups ?

in my case , i use only 250 object and get bad performance ... about 45 , 37 FSP .... and believe me its heal on iphone 4s (slow)

• Try disabling collision for sprites that don't need it (grass sprites?), also try not to have multiple sprites WITH collision enabled overlapping each other.

• Try disabling collision for sprites that don't need it (grass sprites?), also try not to have multiple sprites WITH collision enabled overlapping each other.

So can I use Sprites as tiles as long as i disable collision on them???

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "use sprites as tiles"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's not just the image size you must work-on, the way you create your events can have dramatic impact on performances.

Try to avoid "every tick" conditions as mush as possible.

• I solved the Window Size problem now, I was an idiot and had accidently changed the Letter Box setting.

• Drastic performance increase on your capx..

delete all animations going left (they are the same as going right, just mirrored) and set your sprite to mirrored if facing left..

(Is 26 frames for walking really necessary?)

Crop all sprites in the image editor - the origin point will stay where it was..

The faded trees in the background will look just as good if the sprite size is much smaller and the sprite is scaled, if that's not what you want create a tiledbackground with one tree and stretch it..

Almost all events on the hero-controlpage are done every tick, by creating subevents with conditions the amount of code Construct2 has to read can be drastically reduced..

But your biggest problem are your sprites, too big, too many and all have collision activated..

Although I'm trying to optimize, it takes a lot of time..

• I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "use sprites as tiles"

Basically I use sprites as platforms to build the level.

Also, one last question, is there any way to make the game look better when exporting it, cuz it gets rough around the lines, if you look at the image below you see what I mean: http://tommystudier.webs.com/badlines.PNG

Thanks to everyone thats been helping me so far!

• Drastic performance increase on your capx..

delete all animations going left (they are the same as going right, just mirrored) and set your sprite to mirrored if facing left..

(Is 26 frames for walking really necessary?)

Crop all sprites in the image editor - the origin point will stay where it was..

The faded trees in the background will look just as good if the sprite size is much smaller and the sprite is scaled, if that's not what you want create a tiledbackground with one tree and stretch it..

Almost all events on the hero-controlpage are done every tick, by creating subevents with conditions the amount of code Construct2 has to read can be drastically reduced..

But your biggest problem are your sprites, too big, too many and all have collision activated..

Although I'm trying to optimize, it takes a lot of time..

the thing is the game is getting made for the Wii U so I have to make the sprites quite big since the game is going to run at 1080p.

But if I turn of collision on all of them it should improve it a lot right?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Also The images look a bit rough around the edges when playing the game, is there anything I can do about that?

Best Regards Wonamik

• To get rid of the rough edges turn off pixel rounding and set sampling to linear in project properties..

You are going to have to make a choice though..

A beautiful pixel-perfect game or a game that is actually playable..

Nobody is going to notice a bit of stretching of sprites in the background and it could save a lot of memory..

Turning of collision does help a great deal..

Using the tilemap works too, although you should decide later if the effect is nice-looking enough, else you could always create the sprites again at the tilemap positions.. (Creating the layout using tilemap is much quicker)

Be sure to use tiledbackground and/or 9patch as much as possible, for it reduces image memory a lot too..

If the game runs smoothly on a desktop, it will run smoothly on WiiU, so that's a good indicator..

• Great. thank you so much man, god bless!

It runs smooth now on the desktop without pixel rounding and sampling on linear, and I havent even turned off the collision on all tiles yet

Really appriciate the help!

Best Regards Wonamik

• Turning of collision on the sprites that don't need it solves the issue for now..

I would however think about cropping your sprites to get rid of unneeded transparent pixels and look into the tiledbackground object for repetitive images..

For the grass I would use 9patch, it saves a lot of work placing your tiles, as does using the tilemap for creation-purposes only..

• To get rid of the rough edges turn off pixel rounding and set sampling to linear in project properties..

You are going to have to make a choice though..

A beautiful pixel-perfect game or a game that is actually playable..

Nobody is going to notice a bit of stretching of sprites in the background and it could save a lot of memory..

Turning of collision does help a great deal..

Using the tilemap works too, although you should decide later if the effect is nice-looking enough, else you could always create the sprites again at the tilemap positions.. (Creating the layout using tilemap is much quicker)

Be sure to use tiledbackground and/or 9patch as much as possible, for it reduces image memory a lot too..

If the game runs smoothly on a desktop, it will run smoothly on WiiU, so that's a good indicator..

turning off collisions of unused object (sprite) DONT HELP or Change anythings

because collisions are checked if you use collisions action in even sheet ....

however , i would like to understand about creating layout using tilemap ????

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)