How do I fix this problem?!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I don't know if it's because of a C2 update along the way, but now my player character cannot move at all on the overworld screen. Please someone, help me out! I haven't changed a thing in my code since I got everything working ages ago. Last time I really worked on this project was about three or four months ago, was adding levels. I haven't touched the code because it's always worked, and now when I get to the overworld everything doesn't work anymore!

(Yes, this is a Zelda 2 clone, and no I do not intend on keeping it as such. It's merely a base engine for a future game, and people are welcome to use the code presented here as a starting point for anything they want to do...provided it actually works lol)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0gl5x4cuqd908i/zelda2upload.capx

• The events stopping you from moving are the event.x,event.y checks. Not sure what these do, probs checking for terrain. If you disable them then the character can move so have a look around what that event object is overlapping I guess. There's a hell of a lot of stuff in there but this is the main thing I could see going wrong.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much, I know where to go from here. Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)