How do I fix this portal behavior?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • hey all, I've been putting a lot of time into my portal guns and now they're working great.... most of the time. Unfortunately, I ran into a problem and I'm not sure what a good solution would be. If I make portals going left to right, things are fine. If I make a portal on top of a solid object, he pops through it no problem, but if make my portal on the bottom of an object, he gets stuck inside it

[attachment=1:jojjmy2w][/attachment:jojjmy2w]

So, what do you guys think? Is there a natural way I can change my portaling behavior to account for this? If not, what do you think would be a good solution? In the other situations, he actually portals really well, it's only the situation where the portal is placed on the bottom of a wall that things go badly

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh, I guess it's worth mentioning how the controls work. Press 'Z' to fire your portal gun. Press left shift to switch between red and blue portals. the portal guns are 8 directional but can only be fired straight down while jumping (because pressing z while crouching is reserved for another ability).

• For anyone who's interested (granted only 1 download after 2 days) I managed to fix the behavior by passing a variable around that recognizes when the portal was created by a shot directly upwards, in that situation, I simply use a different image point on the portals that won't cause portal man to get stuck,

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)