How do I fix object randomly spawning?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm developing a top-down space shooter, and I have a mechanic in which when the player's "Score" variable reaches 10, it spawns one new enemy type and keeps spawning when one is killed.

I have done this by creating a variable called "UFOSpawn" which by default is set to 0, and sets to 1 when the players score reaches 10. When said variable is set to 1, the system will spawn the enemy type. If on

I have done this using the following method:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating a variable called "UFOSpawn", default value 0.

System>Score=10>Set "UFOSpawn" to 1

[GROUP "UFOSpawn":]

[System>Group "UFOSpawn" = Active>Create object UFO on Layer 1 at random]

System>UFOSpawn = 1>Set Group "UFOSpawn" Activated

System>UFOSpawn < 1>Set Group "UFOSpawn" Deactivated

UFO On created>Set UFOSpawn to 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I run the layout, for some reason one UFO object spawns in a random location even when Score = 0.

What am I doing wrong?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try setting the group inactive in a start of layout event action. It may be starting activated.

Another simpler way to do this is instead of putting it in a group to use the variable as a condition in your spawn event.

[System>Group "UFOSpawn" >Create object UFO1 on Layer 1 at random]

[UFOSpawn<10]

(nested)[blank condition]

(nested)[Else] > Create object UFO2 on Layer 1 at random]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)