I have this specific problem with inventory in my game.
1. So i have this inventory panel (sprite) with collected items on it (sprites)
This inventory panel is created when i mouseover certain area and stays on screen while mouse cursor is over it.
2. When i click on item, default mouse cursor changes to item appearance and that item is destroyed.
3. Now i hold the item and mouseover and click interactions with other items and areas are working fine.
4. Now i want to make item drop to inventory when i click on inventory only. Item should be created and cursor should take default game appearance.
5. If i try to create item on mouse.x mouse.y it wont create over inventory or anywhere on the screen at all.
6. If i try to create object on predefined x,y position on the inventory it does work, but does not work at the spot where i picked the item from (destroyed it or moved it when i picked it up). I cannot take item, then immediately put it back on the same spot. I need to move mouse to another spot on the inventory and only then it will create at that predefined spot.
I tried following and every possible combination of it:
- putting everything on different layers
- on object (inventory) clicked - create item
- mouseover (inventory) + left click - create item
- Moving items and inventory panel instead of creating and destroying
nothing seems to help.
is there some limitation or i am doing something wrong?