How do I fix this bug?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • So I am trying to fix a bug. Here is how it happens.

To replicate bug:

Click on the TV and TURN IT ON

Then when the visibility=1 and enemyGirl=anyValue

Click on the cam number displayed in enemyGirl

Tha game is supposed to wait 15 secs and then randomly choose a new value for enemyGirl. What happens is that enemyGirl value starts changing rapidly for some time instead of just picking a one of the choose(values)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tga5mr4k10mzw ... .capx?dl=0

Thank you all for your help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm guessing your Girl Spotted group code is continually running - remember, Wait does not block. The engine keeps running every tick, so the same action is done repeatedly. You need to disable the code while the 15 second Wait period is processing.

• I tried that but didn't work... been 2 weeks and I haven't been able to figure it out. blackhornet

• I'd recommend you make a smaller project that displays the same problem. Currently there is just too much code to actually understand what is supposed to happen. 9 times out of 10, you find the solution yourself doing this.

• Just throwing this out there. It looks like you intend for your code to only run once when the conditions are met, so why not use "Trigger Once" in your conditions?

• I tried both solutions but didn't work.

Instead of doing every 30 seconds on the Girl Movement Level 1 group. I tried putting the system to wait 30 secs after each condition was met. It didn't work. Now the enemyGirl variable goes haywire after 30 seconds.

Thank you guys for your help I will keep trying and testing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)