How to fix blurry sprite issue

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hey everyone,

I'm really new to Construct, I just purchased it recently and I have followed a few tutorials to get the hang of it and have set about making my own problem.

I've been using an art pack, and so when I imported my sprites and snapped my tiles to the grid I dismissed the problem as being down to the art pack initially when I noticed white seams between the sprites even though they should be perfectly aligned. Upon closer inspection, when I zoom in to look at the sprite, the image quality has been reduced quite drastically and it is quite blurry which seems to be causing the issue. I have turned on pixel rounding but it doesn't appear to have made a difference as I believe that only fixes rendering issues, whereas this seems to be an issue caused when importing the sprite.

The sprite size is 70x70 and I haven't made any edits to it in Construct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Joeb.

• In your Project Properties:

Turn sampling to Point (not lineair)

you can also try to turn off pixel rounding inside your Project Properties.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much, the sampling was the issue here! I knew it wasn't pixel rounding because I only tried turning it on as a fix to the issue

Thanks for the help dude

• There is a template for pixel-art games called RetroStyleGames.

Good luck with your game!

• I did see the templates, but without a full description of what it would change and not knowing much about Construct I thought it best to edit the settings myself from blank!

Thanks, I'm making short prototypes for features ready for my university interviews

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)