How to find a specific .txt in someone's pc?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Objective: Find an specific named .txt archive in someone's computer. Like, when people download my game, in the game's folder will have an archive named Chat1.txt, I need to somehow find that archive without specifying his path.

Difficulty: I don't know a method to do this, and i don't know if i will need AJAX or NWJS to do it.

If you can help me, i will be very grateful.

• You need NWJS. You can check if the file exists in NWjs.AppFolder, NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder and maybe NWjs.UserFolder&YourGameFolder

If the file is not there, just display a message that the file is not found. Because searching the entire PC is a difficult task and will take a very long time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You need NWJS. You can check if the file exists in NWjs.AppFolder, NWjs.ProjectFilesFolder and maybe NWjs.UserFolder&YourGameFolder

If the file is not there, just display a message that the file is not found. Because searching the entire PC is a difficult task and will take a very long time.

Thanks a lot bro! Gonna try it out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)